5 Benefits of Gardening
5 Health Benefits of Gardening
Gardening is a hobby I only recently learned, and chances are, most of you have more education on the subject than me. In any event, I want to show you the many benefits of gardening while, hopefully, teaching you something you may not have known.
1. Exercise - Working in the garden for an hour is the equivalent to running for 30 minutes in terms of how many calories your burn!
2. Its Nutritious - Your produce will never be fresher or tastier. Whether its peas, lettuce, or tomatoes, everything has a healthier, more organic taste.
3. It's "The Outdoors" - Lets face it, our summer are short. Gardening is a great reason to spend some time outside soaking up the sun and breathing fresh air!
4. It's Cheap - After the initial expenditures(seeds, gardening tools, pots, etc) you will reap great savings on produce, for most of the summer. You will be both surprised and pleased with the yields you will get from some of your crops.
5. It's Good for the Environment - When the proper measures are taken, gardening can be 100% great for the environment. Composting waste to use as fertilizer lowers the pressures on local landfills, while serving a purpose in fortifying nutrients into your soil. One can also grow specific flora, and vegetables that help our local honey bee population, as well as a lot of other biodiversity.