5 ways we break plateaus at Peak Physique
5 Ways We Break Plateaus at Peak Physique
1. Vary reps, and weights- In our weight training program at Peak, we are constantly varying reps, but in a fashion that allows you to see results. You will notice you are burning more calories and earning more MEP's in our sessions as spring and summer approach. This is because we are gradually adding more reps to your workouts. The added reps will prevent you from stagnating from all of the strength training we are currently working in class.
2. Step your nutrition up- Unless you are Pat Molter, you probably have something you can improve in your diet. Take a critical look at your food intake and identify how you can step it up a notch and if you need help figuring that out, you know how to find me.
3. Get rest- I have been pounding this point lately. You cannot not build muscle and break plateaus if you are not on a regular sleep schedule, and getting proper rest. Your body relies on the time you sleep to rebuild muscle and produce HGH. Aim for 6-8 hours of restful sleep every night.
4. Add more weight- Its my job to make sure you are picking up a challenging amount of weight, for yourself, but if you are not a client of mine, or if you feel like I am not pushing you hard enough, its time to step it up a notch. As always when we are doing reps, the last 1-2 reps should be a struggle.
5. Squash stress- If you are constantly stressed your body is operating in a state of chaos, and will not give you results. Squashing stress is something that requires attention and effort. I recommend yoga, and stretching to relieve your stressed state. Surround yourself with positive vibes and eliminate all negatives. Its crucial to your success and health